[fpc-devel] Error building branch targetandroid

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Mon Jul 9 11:33:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 11:12 +0200, Jeppe Græsdal Johansen wrote:

> >> I never really tested -Cparmv5, only -Cparmv6 and with no options (so
> >> default value), I just conected the points based on your assertion
> >> that default=v5, but indeed maybe it is v4.
> >
> > ... or even to some lower common denominator.
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> You should be using -Cparmv5t if you want armv5 and blx. The t indicates
> that the device has thumb support, which most have, but armv5 is usually
> safer, hence it's the default.

You are right although fpc seems to generate bx with -Cparmv5 too.

The point is how google defines its ABIs. As for Android, google
mentions about "armeabi":

"This is the name of an ABI for ARM-based CPUs that support *at* *least*
the ARMv5TE instruction set. [...]"

So, at least for compiling for Android, either is fine, although
-Cparmv5t is certainly better.

Thomas