[fpc-devel] new string - question on usage

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Oct 13 14:19:45 CEST 2011

On 10/13/2011 01:45 PM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:

> This means that StringCodePage is only meaningful when calling it on a
> string variable that actually holds a string.

How can a string variable not hold a string ? It might hold an empty
string, but what is a "no-string" ?

Of course if you define a pointer to a string and initiate it with a
random address, its TAnsiRec will hold some
invalid/inconsistent/meaningless information, but I think this is con
only happen as  the result of some buggy code.

-Michael