[fpc-devel] Stellaris Update

John Clymer john at johnclymer.net
Tue Aug 16 05:39:25 CEST 2011

So, after some work, I have a compiler working for the LM3S8962 board (a
successful Blinking LED :-)  )

However, as I was going through some of the various datasheets, I see that all
the Stellaris controllers have similar memory maps.  That is:

A) Each type of device has a specific spot in the memory map to sit at.
B) If a device has less or no device of a given type, that memory map is
"Reserved"
C) The SRAM and FLASH memories always start at the same address

As such, I'm leaning towards:

{$FLASH_START xxxxx}
{$FLASH_SIZE xxxxx }
{$SRAM_START xxxxx }
{$SRAM_SIZE xxxxx }

By doing this, only 1 config will work for all stellaris parts (as was
originally laid out in the cpuinfo file.)

I'm also looking to do a survey of all STM32 devices to see if a similar
situation exists.  I think, for all Cortex M3 devices of a particular
manufacturer, a similar scheme can be used.  The M3 specs make requirements that
limit the "flexibility" to come up with oddball memory layouts.

John Clymer