[fpc-devel] is that intended? private type section in classes versus visibility

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Jul 27 14:16:37 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Am 26.07.2010 22:36, schrieb Marcos Douglas:
>> and if we send the code and, even like that, it
>> will not approved?
>
> Within 17 years of FPC, no contribution to the compiler was completely
> rejected, so no need to worry. And if one still worries: just write a
> paper/wiki page explaining what shall be done and how it can be implemented.

Okay, thank you for that information (I have a little time with FPC).

BTW, the Graeme makes a wiki here
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Namespaces but there are no all ideas
discussed in the mailing-list.
I thought discuss all (good) ideas to put the winning idea on the Wiki.

>> IMHO, would not it be better to discuss the idea
>
> The person who implementes, decides, so most of the discussion is a
> waste of time.

But two people can think the same idea and help each other. However,
how they know about the ideas of other people? Writing yours thought
in the mailing list...

Thanks,
MD

PS: Florian, I understand your side. Even if one idea is very good,
maybe can not be implement for many reasons.