[fpc-devel] Purpose of "uses ... in"?

Aleksa Todorovic alexione at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:27:57 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 06:47, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I know that the "in <filespec>" is part of the Delphi syntax, but what is it
> really good for?
>
> AFAIK it's not allowed to "rename" units this way, and since (currently)
> only absolute filenames are implemented, I really wonder why FPC allows to
> use it everywhere?
>
> IMO the filespec should allow for relative pathes, and also the use of FPC
> macros should be possible (e.g. FPCSourceDir).
>
> When there exists interest in such an extended functionality, but nobody has
> the time to implement it, I'll try to implement it myself.

There are also other problems with unit-search algorithm in FPC. Some
of these problems:

Maybe you can take a look at these and come up with some good solution
while you are there. Unfortunately, I do not have time to work on
these problems at the moment, maybe in a month or so.