[fpc-devel] fpdoc's RTF output

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:41:17 CEST 2010

Op 2010-08-24 13:16, Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> Did you read my msg from a few days back? Unit order matters.

Yes, I know about that from years ago, and that still doesn't solve the
problem, even in FCL or fpGUI docs. And even if a link points to an element
in the same unit.

Here is what I used to compile the IPF output from FCl.

$ make fcl.chk HTMLFMT=ipf FPCSRCDIR=/opt/fpc-2.4.1/src
FPDOC=/opt/fpc-2.5.1/src/utils/fpdoc/fpdoc

Example:  Pipes.TInputPipeStream

Here is the actual text from the pipes.xml file.

<seealso>
<link id="#rtl.classes.TStream">TStream</link>
<link id="CreatePipeStreams"/>
<link id="TOutputPipeStream"/>
</seealso>

... and here is the IPF generated text.

:hp2.See Also:ehp2.
:lm margin=3.
.br
:link reftype=hd refid=__/rtl/rtl_classes_tstream.TStream:elink.,
:link reftype=hd refid=fcl.CreatePipeStreams:elink.,
:link reftype=hd refid=fcl.TOutputPipeStream:elink.

Note in the attach screenshot (IPF output) that "CreatePipeStreams" and
"TOutputPipeStream" are not links. Links in DocView would appear in Blue.
Also look at the IPF generate output. It seems to have resolved those links
to #fcl directly, instead of #fcl.pipes

What confuses me even more, is that if I generate HTML help of FCL, then
the links are correct. So I have no idea why HTML output writer and Linear
based output writers resolve links in different ways.
Command I used to generate FCL HTML help.

$ make fcl.chk FPCSRCDIR=/opt/fpc-2.4.1/src
FPDOC=/opt/fpc-2.5.1/src/utils/fpdoc/fpdoc

PS:
The reason TStream is not a link in the DocView screenshot, is because it's
from another package. IPF doesn't support cross-linked packages yet.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/