[fpc-devel] patch to tdataset

Alexandrov Alexandru alexandru.alexandrov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 16:13:15 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 20:46 +0300, Alexandrov Alexandru wrote:
> > added GetIndexDefs and InitFieldDefsFromFields,
> > implemented Filed.GetIsIndexField.
>
> Hmm.. Delphi (7) doesn't have the GetIndexDefs and
> InitFieldDefsFromField functions?
> And I don't see the use of the first function. From the second I can
> imagine that it's usefull, but since it's not in Delphi, it should be
> placed into a derrivate of TDataset? Or can you explain why it is
> generally usefull?

But they are in Delphi 7..
In fact this is the main reason i added those functions.

> And your TField.GetIsIndexField simply callse TDataset.GetIsIndexField,
> which isn't implemented also...

In TDataset, GetIsIndexField function is virtual.
TDataset is a prototype. Some functions are declared only to be
implemented or overrided in tdataset descendants.

> And the patch also contains a GetStateFieldValue, which isn't there in
> Delphi but it's usefull. Only you set FState directly, I should use
> SetTempState, so that the controls are disabled. Or else all datasource-
> controls will display the 'old' values from the fields, if I want to get
> only one old-value...

FState is a simple variable.
GetStateFieldValue function saves fstate, retrive the field value and
restore fstate back in a single try..finally statement.
If this is not safe enough, we can add code to disable and enable controls.

> And could you clean up your patch next time. So that all the lines which
> only removes ome spaces are gone?

Sorry, I use TortoiseSvn and i don't know much about diff format.

Alex