[fpc-devel] Unit linking to .obj files and fpcmake.

J. Peter Mugaas jpmugaas at charter.net
Thu Apr 13 18:12:22 CEST 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:16:26 -0300, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
> J. Peter Mugaas escreveu:

>>> Hmmm.... True, but I think that should not stop people from
>>> using it; if people do not use our libraries, bugs won't get
>>> fixed in them.
>>>

>> I think it goes beyond that.  ZLib 1.20 introduced some new
>> functions (it's hard to determine what version yours is because
>> it simply says 1.2).
>>
>> There are some ZLib 1.20 functions that your paszlib does not
>> support that the standard ZLib libraries support.
>>
>> Sumary from the changelog:
>> ===
>> - New and improved inflate code
>> - About 20% faster
>>
> Does anyone knows how paszlib compare with zlib.dll regarding speed?

I don't but you may be able to get quite a bit of improvement using the inflateBack, inflateBackEnd, and inflateBackInit_ functions.  The one I use is based on  the "Enhanced zlib package" from Borland's Code Central (entry ID: 23490) which I then modified for Indy usage and modified so that you can use it in FreePascal.  I tested it with an example program in Linux and Win32.  If anyone wants to test what I have, please feel free to do so and may be the best code win.

It is part of the source-code downloads that I made last night.  The URL is http://www.indyproject.org/sockets/fpc/.
--
I once had an open mind until people used it as a trashcan.
J. Peter Mugaas, E-Mail:  oma00215 at mail.wvnet.edu
http://www.wvnet.edu/~oma00215