[fpc-devel] Unit linking to .obj files and fpcmake.

Michalis Kamburelis mkambi at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Apr 11 12:10:40 CEST 2006

J. Peter Mugaas wrote:
[...]
> On Win32, that may not be desirable since there seems to be several versions of the ZLIB .DLL

Unfortunately, it's true that there are several (sometimes incompatible
-- various zlib versions, various calling conventions) zlib.dll versions
floating around.

Fortunately, there exists more-or-less standard zlib dll library for
win32. It can be obtained from [http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/]. It is
frequently updated, so all known security problems should be fixed
there. It's used by many programs (including gimp for windows, or
actually gtk 2 for windows; oh, and my programs :) ). It's named
zlib1.dll (with "1"), so no conflicts with zlib.dll. As far as I am
aware, no software dared to ever install incompatible zlib1.dll version.
So this may be your solution.

Michalis