[Pas2js] Crowdfunding to speed up the development of pas2js and lazarus widgetset with pas2js

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Dec 15 10:56:06 CET 2018

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018, Ben Grasset wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I doubt this is the reason for the delay, and I doubt even more that money
>> is going to
>> make it happen more soon.
>>
>> In Javascript, the implementation is simply much easier, since Javascript
>> natively has support for it.
>>

> The publicly available implementation of anonymous methods that's been
> sitting in the FPC SVN branches for years at this point literally already
> works though, and has for a long time. I'm aware there were some
> changes/tweaks to be made/done, but not of the sort that should logically
> take additional entire years to implement in my opinion. Has anyone
> *actually* spoken directly with Blaise Thorne at any point since the end of
> 2016 or so?

As far as I know, Sven Barth is communicating with him.
He confirmed this not so long ago.

Of course, I didn't install a keylogger on his computer to verify that this
is actually so.

But I'm pretty sure that the availability of anonymous functions in pas2js will
motivate him more to actually finish the work than money would.