[fpc-pascal] Announcement GLPT

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 23:07:21 CEST 2018

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 5:21 PM Dennis <dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk> wrote:

> I tried it but found that drawing text in OpenGL seems to be problematic.
> Is there anyway to draw text using windows' existing font? Or is there a
> library for nicer vector based font?

There is a unit called uglyfont.pas included in Lazarus. I ported it some
time ago for an imgui implementation example. This is a simple vector font.
You can also implement a freetype font fairly easy. In fact I can share
some code. Just search for NeHe and you will find it online as well.

Although GLUT came with standard fonts I am not inclined to include a font
in GLPT soon. Same for menu, UI and other drawing stuff. This should be
handled one level higher up.

Rgds, Darius