[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

Thu May 18 15:23:41 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-18 13:42, Reimar Grabowski wrote:
>> The GPU also does clipping calculations
>> based on the viewpoint (camera position) in the 3D scene.
> Camera position?
> OpenGL has no concept of a camera.

Yes, yes, but you know what I mean. Camera, View Point, Player View
whatever. And yes I know there is no "real camera", its the scene that
moves in the opposite direction to the user input.

> Why do you have to *calculate* *all*?

My original project was to implement a _software_ raycaster, so no GPU,
no OpenGL etc. Old old early 90's style programming.

This thread is getting a bit ridiculous - just like the Lazarus Forum
thread did. Bottom line is, the exact same code (identical, just the
language syntax that differed) produced acceptable results with GCC and
Java. It didn't with FPC. We all now know FPC doesn't do such a great
job at optimisation (I know the reasons why), and that the graphics
API's is also not to blame. So lets leave it at that.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/