[fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed May 17 10:02:24 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-17 02:57, marcov at stack.nl wrote:
> In our previous episode, noreply at z505.com said:
>>
>> i.e. if you end up using opengl, or its successor, why does it even
>> matter if FPC pure games without any libs are slow?
>
> You still need to calculate all the vertices that you send to the
> graphics
> card, even if the GPU renders then.

True so a test to confirm that the calculating functions/procedure are
really the bottleneck, would need to be written, and compare it to the
equivalent c++ program with the same calculations

It would just be silly to start optimizing the calculation functions
without any evidence that those are the issue..

If it's fpc's internal functions such as sqrt() I wonder what those
internal functions actually are. Right now they are just magic, pointing
to a magic number, in my mind