[fpc-pascal] Smart Pointers

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:07:40 CEST 2016

> And I stand by that decision. Generics are a rather frickle feature and I
> want to know of critical failures as early as possible (and yes, I've made
> use of that already numerous times!), thus I prefer fgl to be part of the
> cycling and unlike fcl-stl or these Delphi compatible ones the fgl unit is
> comparatively small.

And that is double standard. I prefer Generics.* to be part of the compiler
cycle. It perform better test for critical failures in my compiler code and
for more advanced generics code. It is not only for Delphi compatibility it
performs infrastructure to *any* generics library like Spring4D etc.

Sorry Sven but keeping fgl in RTL is ridiculous (!). There is no technical
reason for that. Only your personal convenience. You can use normal tests
suite like others.

Or maybe Marco reply is untrue?

--
Best regards,