[fpc-pascal] Smart Pointers

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:39:48 CEST 2016

>> And I stand by that decision. Generics are a rather frickle feature and I
>> want to know of critical failures as early as possible (and yes, I've made
>> use of that already numerous times!), thus I prefer fgl to be part of the
>> cycling and unlike fcl-stl or these Delphi compatible ones the fgl unit is
>> comparatively small.
>>
> And that is double standard. I prefer Generics.* to be part of the
> compiler cycle. It perform better test for critical failures in my compiler
> code and for more advanced generics code. It is not only for Delphi
> compatibility it performs infrastructure to *any* generics library like
> Spring4D etc.
>
> Sorry Sven but keeping fgl in RTL is ridiculous (!). There is no technical
> reason for that. Only your personal convenience. You can use normal tests
> suite like others.
>
> Or maybe Marco reply is untrue?

To be clear: part with Generics.* is just irony. Like below proposition:

Can I add module SmartPointers.pp and few other modules as test to the RTL?
I have few features (rather frickle features) and I want to know of
critical failures as early as possible.

Looks like we have new *best practice* for new language features and new
condition to add the module to RTL :)

Sven, seriously? I'm a confused and disgusted.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak