[fpc-pascal] Suggestion: TDataSetEnumerator

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:57:00 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:15 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Mar 2015, silvioprog wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> What do you think about a TDataSetEnumerator class in the DB unit?
>> Something like this:
>>

> Good idea. I never implemented it because I didn't know what to return.
> But maybe returning the dataset itself is not a bad idea.

=)

The first idea was sent from Gilson Nunes via Lazarus-BR group, but he was
iterating in the recno, so I suggested him to iterate on the dataset
cursor, because most of the lists use their own item as iterator. =)

> If you implement it using the enumerator operator, you can implement and
> test it yourself without needing to change the db unit.

Using the 'operator' keyword? I'll try a test. (it will be my first usage
of this keyword hehe)

> Once you're satisfied, we can transfer the code to the db unit.

Very good. I'll make some tests and send a patch to bugtracker.

Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio