[fpc-pascal] Different idea

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 10:11:45 CEST 2015

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08/18/2015 10:03 PM, Chris Moody wrote:
>> Having issues getting cross compiling to work, so here's another idea:
>>
>> What files would I need to move from Lazarus on my computer to the Pi,
>> so it will be able to find all of the libraries? Or perhaps even
>> better, how can I get the command Lazarus sends to FPC from my
>> computer so I can issue it on the Pi?
>>
> On a headless ARM system that hence can't run Lazarus, I completely did
> and tested the application on a Linux PC, with everything that is not
> available on the target (in that case among other stuff everything GUI
> related including timers) in a "simulation" unit that provides Stimuli
> and Debug outputs is appropriate classes. That can nicely be done in a
> completely Object oriented way using Events (callbacks), properties and
> functions.

A (physically) headless system can run Lazarus etc. without any
problems, provided that you can login using X11 (XDMCP), VNC, or SSH.
Obviously appropriate underlying libraries are needed (gtk2 or
whatever), but apart from that the only caveat is that building Lazarus
or programs of any significant size tends to be memory-intensive- but
generally within the scope of an Rpi.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk