[fpc-pascal] Different idea

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 19 09:54:11 CEST 2015

On 08/18/2015 10:03 PM, Chris Moody wrote:
> Having issues getting cross compiling to work, so here's another idea:
>
> What files would I need to move from Lazarus on my computer to the Pi,
> so it will be able to find all of the libraries? Or perhaps even
> better, how can I get the command Lazarus sends to FPC from my
> computer so I can issue it on the Pi?

On a headless ARM system that hence can't run Lazarus, I completely did
and tested the application on a Linux PC, with everything that is not
available on the target (in that case among other stuff everything GUI
related including timers) in a "simulation" unit that provides Stimuli
and Debug outputs is appropriate classes. That can nicely be done in a
completely Object oriented way using Events (callbacks), properties and
functions.

So the complex "business logic" could be decently tested. Only a rather
simple dedicated "embedded" unit replacing the "simulation" unit
(providing the same classes) was done to have it compile and run on the
ARM.
On the GUI-less target this could be tested with some simple "writeline"
Debug outputs.

-Michael