[fpc-pascal] fp universal library ?

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 13:54:17 CET 2014

> I don't use Lazarus, i.e. .lpi files are of no use for me. The option
> -fPIC isn't necessary for the Win32 target, i.e. I didn't miss that one
> (but I was aware of it - at least it was well visible unlike the others
> which I had to find by trial and error).

Ok and thanks to note it. Hum, i have adapted all the uos-unit-examples  for uoslib.

The good news :

All pure fpc programs and graphical using fpGUI are working perfectly.
The programs dealing with uoslib can access uoslib procedures and result of functions.
Perfect, perfect, perfect...
PS : I do not try yet  to access the uoslib from foreign language (C, Cnet, Java,...).
PS2 : Little bemol, (but i think i ask to much for the library here), the library cannot synchronize procedure of object from the program.

The bad news :

All programs using LCL (Lazarus widgetset) crash after thread.terminate inside the library...
I dont know why, it is the same code and the same library.
Maybe i have to do something but i dont know what.
Using directly the uos unit, without using the library, is ok for LCL.

> >> It turns out that you missed to specify a matching calling convention
> >> for
> >> uos_loadlib (you specified "cdecl" in uoslib_h, but not in uoslib). It
> >> seems to work correctly after adding it at line 41 of uoslib.pas.

Aaarg, it was at the first procedure, i read and re-read the code thousand times and dont see it... Many thanks to have better eyes than mine... ;-)

> You're welcome, it wasn't that difficult after all. :-)

Maybe for you, but for me, i became crazy...

Re-thanks.

Fred