[fpc-pascal] Re: build a compiler for GO32v2 under Windows 8 (or 7)

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Sun Oct 6 01:30:12 CEST 2013

I really assumed that I had to choice between video unit and crt
unit ...

my old unit which interfaced the video must be updated to be
compiled for win32.

I already though about to create my window
procedure and my gotoxy procedure ... this way I may not have to make a
lot of changes in my program.

I missed SetCursorPos ... thanks a lot

My first step, anyway, is to verify it is compiling for win32! ...
later I´ll make more changes and all the adjustments.

Philippe

5, 2013 21:34, Philippe wrote:

>> I am back !!! (a bit sick ... teeth
...) I am now trying to move to win32. At first leaving crt unit, moving
to video unit. Problem!(?) ... I was using window, gotoxy and so on ...
and I don´t find anything similar with video unit!

> First of all,
what do you try to solve by moving from unit Crt to unit
> Video? I
suggested using unit video as a substitution of your original
> direct
access to video adapter memory. Partial alternative of GotoXY
> exists
in unit Video - there is SetCursorPos. However, there is no direct

support for Window and thus the addressing is in absolute coordinates,
not
> relative to the defined window. Using direct video memory access
(i.e.
> very low-level approach) together with high-level routines like
Window,
> etc., is a bit strange. Units Video and Crt are not very
compatible to
> each other at the moment, unfortunately (although the
incompatibility may
> not be as bad on Win32 as on some other
platforms). Nevertheless, you may
> try it. Otherwise, you'd need either