[fpc-pascal] [Announcement] Castle Game Engine 4.0.0 release for FPC game developers

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:17:30 CET 2013

Victor Matuzenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to compile it under Windows XP with «make all», and got the
> errors:

[...]
> Compiling src\opengl\windows\castleglwindowsfonts.pas
> castleglwindowsfonts.pas(81,22) Error: Incompatible types: got
> "LongWord" expected "TWinCharSet"

A bug slipped into the release, unit castleglwindowsfonts.pas didn't
compile. You can either:

1. Comment out the line

   P.Targets.AddUnit('castleglwindowsfonts.pas');

inside fpmake.pp. This unit is not used by anything else, so everything
will still compile and work Ok.

2. Or use latest engine 4.0.1 release, where this was corrected :)
Download link is from the usual page
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/engine.php .

Background: The CastleGLWindowsFonts unit is a little obscure, it was
not used by any example program, it's not part of Lazarus packages and
it's Windows-specific --- that is why this bug went unnoticed, I didn't
test fpmake compilation on Windows. In 4.0.1 this is fixed, and the unit
is also tested by one example program, so this bug will not happen again :)

Regards,
Michalis