[fpc-pascal] FPC + fpGUI + Raspberry Pi = fantastic

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Sep 14 11:13:01 CEST 2012

> So far the Raspbian image is pretty rubbish, compared to the
> pre-configure one I bought on my SD card. I guess the "raspbian" it too
> much "bleeding egde" (read super unstable). The Raspbian one has errors
> in raspi-config, so I can set my Dvorak keyboard layout. Eventually
> figuring out where the keys are in Qwerty, I managed to start X. The
> desktop that loads has NO icons, no menu items, and the menu items that
> do exist don't work. I couldn't even manage to run a lxterminal. I can't
> even exit the OpenBox session that is running - I had to Ctrl+Alt+F1 and
> then Ctrl+C to kill the X server. The mouse pointer is also really
> slugish in the X session, and freezes for a split second every 2-3
> seconds. It's like something is polling the system every 2-3 seconds,
> and freezing the UI while it does.

Strange. For the the Raspbian image was a spitting image of the wheezy
install (both the process as the result). Same icons, nearly the same place,
midori still to slow to do something practical ( :-))

I don't notice performance impacts, one of the reasons to get the PI was to
get something with arm fpu. I already have armv5's enough.

Did you get the foundation recommended image, or did you get some daily
build or so?