[fpc-pascal] TurboPower FlashFiler for Free Pascal

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 15:24:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

Yeah, a catchy title!  ;-)

I want to know if anybody here has ever used FlashFiler in Delphi. Was
it a good product, and do you think it would be worth the effort porting
it to Free Pascal?  Or is FlashFiler simply too old and outdated.

I mainly use Firebird RDBMS for all my database needs and think it is
excellent. I use it in client/server and embedded form under Linux and
Windows.

But I am also intrigued by the idea of having a true embedded database
server - compiled directly into my executable for even easier deployment.

Any thoughts on this?  Has anybody else started such a port?

Regards,
  - Graeme -