[fpc-pascal] wayland support for FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 11:36:15 CET 2012

On 2012-11-09 09:51, ik wrote:

> I'm not sure why, because as far as I know, it replaces the X11
> protocol, not gdk, Qt etc...

That is how I understood it too.

A while back I thought of starting the API bindings for fpGUI's Wayland
backend. But I was told that the Wayland API is still in flux. Unlike Qt
or GTK, I don't have so much resources to spend on a moving target. So
without having to rework bindings that are constantly being broken, I
decided to hold off for a while and see when the API stabilizes.

Now that 1.0 is out... does that mean the API will be stable for a while?

Regards,
  - Graeme -