[fpc-pascal] wayland support for FPC

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 9 11:42:03 CET 2012

> That is how I understood it too.
>
> A while back I thought of starting the API bindings for fpGUI's Wayland
> backend. But I was told that the Wayland API is still in flux. Unlike Qt
> or GTK, I don't have so much resources to spend on a moving target.

Afaik it would also support at least the core parts of X11. It would
be declared legacy, and not part of the perpetually supported Wayland
set, but I think it is safe to say it will be supported for quite a while.

IOW, I wouldn't desperately try to support Wayland native at this point.

That can be done if the native api turns out to be stable, Wayland truely
takes over X11, and all distros package it.

Now it is just asking for pain IMHO.