[fpc-pascal] Re: cannot make debugserver

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Nov 8 11:13:15 CET 2012

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 07/11/2012 22:13, bsquared wrote:
>>
>> I like the tiOPF based Logging.  Nice work.
>

> It is the most reliable logging framework I know. For example, the dbugintf
> unit in FPC has major issues when used under Windows. If you generate many
> messages per second (which happens easily when you debug Visitor classes in
> tiOPF), lost of those messages simply get lost and never display in the debug
> server. This doesn't seem to happen under Linux though.
>
> But with the tiOPF logging you get consistent logging on all platforms, even
> if you use its own Visual Log Window, or Log File etc. The message are never
> lost because the tiOPF can buffer the log items.

It's difficult to compare the 2 kinds of logging.

dbugintf sends the logs to a separate process. tiLog is inside the running
application. The former can be used to collect logs from several CGI
processes, the latter currently cannot handle this (to my knowledge).

That said, I am aware of the windows problem, but have till now not yet
found the cause of the problem. Since I use dbugintf exclusively on Linux,
I haven't experienced problems yet.

I am open for suggestions to fixing the problem, though.

Michael.