[fpc-pascal] Re: cannot make debugserver

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 00:39:39 CET 2012

On 07/11/2012 22:13, bsquared wrote:

> I like the tiOPF based Logging.  Nice work.

It is the most reliable logging framework I know. For example, the
dbugintf unit in FPC has major issues when used under Windows. If you
generate many messages per second (which happens easily when you debug
Visitor classes in tiOPF), lost of those messages simply get lost and
never display in the debug server. This doesn't seem to happen under
Linux though.

But with the tiOPF logging you get consistent logging on all platforms,
even if you use its own Visual Log Window, or Log File etc. The message
are never lost because the tiOPF can buffer the log items.

I would still like to extend that to debug whole classes or more complex
data types - something like what CodeSite does. If only I had more free
time. :-/

Regards,
   - Graeme -