[fpc-pascal] TStringStream.DataString returns garbage?

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Feb 5 07:15:13 CET 2012

Lars wrote:
> it seems
>
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/XE2/en/Classes.TStringStream.WriteString
>
> in delphi the WriteString() function accepts a strongly typed string.
>
> This might be a compatibility problem in delphi mode since in fpc,
> writestring accepts a untyped pointer if i am not mistaken.

Actually I think there is just a problem with the FPDOC system:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tstringstream.writestring.html

Says:

public procedure TStringStream.WriteString(
  const AString:
);

I thought const AString was untyped due to that doc page, not the fpc
sources.

Shouldn't the docs generate a page that says:

const astring: string;

i.e.

public procedure TStringStream.WriteString(
  const AString: string
);