[fpc-pascal] TStringStream.DataString returns garbage?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:53:45 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM,  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tstream.writeansistring.html
> We could make an optional parameter "AsText : Boolean = False" which would
> then write the former.

I think this would be a nice addition. One thing I would suggest is
using a more clear wording. "AsText" might be hard to understand what
the author ment. Either with the length or without it is still text in
a certain way. A more clear wording could be: AWriteTextContentsOnly:
Boolean = False or AWriteStringLength: Boolean = True

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho