[fpc-pascal] Firebird Connection documentation: suggestions? remarks?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:21:51 CET 2011

Hi list,

Please find attached my current version for the Interbase/Firebird
connection documentation source. If the attachment gets deleted by the
list or if you want to see the latest version, please go to
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/src
directory docs

I have some doubts/questions:
1. Do I need to document inherited properties etc or will a documented
parent unit's help filter down? (I suspectOf course, I'll figure that
out when I get pdf generation working)
2. What is the TIBConnectionDef/TConnectionDef class used for? Actually,
I don't understand registering/unregistering connections. SQLDB
maintains a connection list with connections, but what happens with
that/what do you use it for? Some kind of connection pooling?

Note that I'll go over everything to make sure everything is actually
valid XML, builds, seems to be proper English etc.

Comments, criticisms welcome. I'll adapt as necessary and when done,
post it to mantis.
(And yes, for the next unit I'll just use makeskel to generate only
public & published elements)

Thanks,
Reinier