[fpc-pascal] FPC mysteriously fails to find a specified path.

Bruce Tulloch bruce at causal.com
Fri Nov 11 05:36:20 CET 2011

I have a project in the directory:

  /home/bruce/project

which has sub-directories:

  src
  lib

Both are specified in Lazarus' Other Unit Files:

  src;lib

but verbose message when attempting to compile the project
produces the following excerpt:

  Handling option "-Fu/home/bruce/project/src"
  interpreting option "-Fu/home/bruce/project/src"
  Path "./src/" not found
  Handling option "-Fu/home/bruce/project/lib"
  interpreting option "-Fu/home/bruce/project/lib"
  Using unit path: ./lib/

That is, FPC fails to find the "src" directory but succeeds
to find the "lib" directory. Both directories exist and are
in all respects except their names identical. Something is
blocking FPC from finding "src" because it's called "src".

I've tried other directory names and some work and others
don't. I've detected a pattern to it yet.

This problem occurs using the Ubuntu 11.10 (Unity) packaged
versions of FPC and Lazarus. If I use Lazarus SVN trunk on
a Debian Squeeze machine (with FPC 2.4.2) it all works fine.

Is this an FPC 2.4.4 bug or some sort of error on my part?

Cheers, Bruce.