[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : Re: URIParser

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:46:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 15:38, Ben <ben.smith.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/05/2011 16:56, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> >
> > Great.
> > In that case I just declare that URIParser will only work for ftp and
> http
> > protocols :-)
>
> What about file protocols like the 'text/uri-list' mime type? Such as
> what X11's XDND uses when you drag and drop from a local application
> window to a remote application window? In such cases one should supply
> the username and password with the origin host. Or like Qt4 DND and
> newer Windows DND applications uses.
>
> eg:  text/url-list mime type
>
>  file://ben:password@192.168.0.14:/home/ben/myfile.txt
>

> I presume (though that always tends to be a bad thing) that because
> text/uri-list [as in my example above] should be ok with the FPC
> URIParser because it has the protocol 'file://' in the front - so
> authority info shouldn't be a problem? After all, file:// is pretty much
> identical to ftp:// URI syntax.

After a lot of careful investigation and mostly reading, I think that you
can not really create a general purpose URI parser.
It seems though that the FPC implementation is a *URL* and not a full URI
parser, and I think it's better to document about it further.
For example there are no URN support at all and it works only for specific
type of URL that are mostly common, like the example you placed here.

> --
>
>            Ben.

Ido

LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il