[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : Re: URIParser

Ben ben.smith.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:38:47 CEST 2011

On 18/05/2011 16:56, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> Great.
> In that case I just declare that URIParser will only work for ftp and http
> protocols :-)

What about file protocols like the 'text/uri-list' mime type? Such as
what X11's XDND uses when you drag and drop from a local application
window to a remote application window? In such cases one should supply
the username and password with the origin host. Or like Qt4 DND and
newer Windows DND applications uses.

eg:  text/url-list mime type

  file://ben:password@192.168.0.14:/home/ben/myfile.txt

I presume (though that always tends to be a bad thing) that because
text/uri-list [as in my example above] should be ok with the FPC
URIParser because it has the protocol 'file://' in the front - so
authority info shouldn't be a problem? After all, file:// is pretty much
identical to ftp:// URI syntax.

--

            Ben.