[fpc-pascal] What is the syntax for generating fpc.cfg from a new compiler stored at location xxxx with fpcmkcfg ?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon May 9 21:49:23 CEST 2011

On 09 May 2011, at 21:43, Frank Church wrote:

> It looks like it will be better if the samplecfg uses the fpcmkcfg created
> with the new build.

The intention for FPC trunk is to replace samplecfg with fpcmkcfg

> Has it been updated since the 2005 date it was created?

I'm not sure what you mean by "it": samplecfg or fpcmkcfg. In any case, both have been updated several times, and quite a bit of work has gone into updating fpcmkcfg for Unix platforms a couple of months ago.

> How does the normal installation script create the proper fpc.cfg?

Search for samplecfg in
* http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/debian/rules
* http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/install.sh
* http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/trunk/install/fpc.spec