[fpc-pascal] What is the syntax for generating fpc.cfg from a new compiler stored at location xxxx with fpcmkcfg ?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:43:50 CEST 2011

I am currently generating my fpc.cfg in the build script with this command

mkdir -p ${FPC_SETTINGS_DIR}
> ${FPC_INSTALL_DIR}/lib/fpc/${FPCVER}/samplecfg
> ${FPC_INSTALL_DIR}/lib/fpc/${FPCVER} ${FPC_SETTINGS_DIR}
> cp ${FPC_SETTINGS_DIR}/fpc.cfg ${HOMEDIR}/.fpc.cfg

based on (with some new modifications) my script blogged at
http://devblog.brahmancreations.com/content/build-scripts-for-installing-freepascal-and-lazarus-from-source
.

It looks like it will be better if the samplecfg uses the fpcmkcfg created
with the new build. Has it been updated since the 2005 date it was created?

How does the normal installation script create the proper fpc.cfg?

--
Frank Church