[fpc-pascal] dynamic array contents and system.move

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:52:46 CEST 2010

Hello FPC-Pascal,

>> In computer science, an array data structure or simply array is a
>> data structure consisting of a collection of elements (values or
>> variables) [...]
s> ???
s> What does this mean? As far as I know, "variable" in CS can
s> have 3 senses, depending on the context:
s> * Data that can take different values on different runs (ie
s> input or depend on input). This is the math sense (also mine) (<>
s> constant which is known at design time).
s> * Data that can change at runtime (<> constant again). Like in Pascal or C.
s> * Named data in a program. Here "symbol", "link" or "binding" may be better terms.
s> In any case, I don't understand the above.

Constants (values) or variable values (variables).

Anyway in the definition I was trying to remark that elements in an
array should be accessed using [] operator, any other access method is
undefined.

--
Best regards,
 José