[fpc-pascal] dynamic array contents and system.move

spir ☣ denis.spir at gmail.com
Wed May 5 10:49:24 CEST 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 23:49:00 +0200
José Mejuto <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:

> In computer science, an array data structure or simply array is a
> data structure consisting of a collection of elements (values or
> variables) [...]

???
What does this mean? As far as I know, "variable" in CS can have 3 senses, depending on the context:

* Data that can take different values on different runs (ie input or depend on input). This is the math sense (also mine) (<> constant which is known at design time).
* Data that can change at runtime (<> constant again). Like in Pascal or C.
* Named data in a program. Here "symbol", "link" or "binding" may be better terms.

In any case, I don't understand the above.

Denis