[fpc-pascal] The new book: "WEB and database programming with fpc and Lazarus for newbies and professionals"

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 04:13:48 CEST 2010

On 18 Jun 2010, at 02:58, Burkhard Carstens wrote:

> What about ExtJS being GPL licensed? Got a developer license?

Yes, if you make commercial apps.

> Here you refere to the ExtJS components of fpweb, right? IOW. if those
> are (or will be) universal, they should get renamed? (see, you are in
> that stuff, so for you, all this is clear. for a newbie (at least for
> me), it's still all confusing .. so having clear and distinct names
> would help.. e.g. if it's about the fpWeb components for use with ExtJS
> JavaScript Framework, they should be called fpExtJS components ..)

fpWeb is general purpose framework. You may use it with any JS frameworks out there. Michael had made an example how to use it with ExtJS. So, fpWeb is already an apropriate name, IMO.

> Yes, thanks! It does make more and more sense. Unfortunately, my
> customers are not (yet) interested in web apps, so it's just a hobby
> right now. Therefore it will take some time before I gain ground in
> this.

Good for you. My clients had demanded web app, from previous desktop app, since about 4 years ago. This year they are asking about mobile app support. What a coincidence, I saw ExtJS became Sencha right about time. It's my luck, I guess. :D

-Bee-