[fpc-pascal] FPC class syntax was extended to support delphi code

Doug Chamberlin dougchamberlin at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 14 01:50:02 CET 2010

Cox, Stuart TRAN:EX wrote:
> Some operations (procedures/functions) just go naturally with Classes but don't belong to any particular instance of that class.
> An example might be calculating the area of overlap between two geographic polygons (instances of the class) where the function returning the overlap area is a class function rather than an instance function/method of either of the two polygons.  Contrived, but imaginable.

Oh, I can imagine such methods also. And I've used them before. I just
don't see the big advantage over having them be global
functions/procedures located in the same unit as the class they operate
on. So, as often as not, I go and create the global functions instead.
Never could decide either way to go.

--
Doug C.
-----