[fpc-pascal] FPC class syntax was extended to support delphi code

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 15:50:50 CET 2010

I think they come in very handy for the Singleton OOP concept. You need to
have a "factory" that handles the object query/instantiation. If no instance
is available, it creates a new one (and stores it) and if one is already
available, it just returns that.
Naturally that looks better to have TSomeClass.GetInstance() instead of
GetInstanceOfSomeClass() ...
Sure, it's possible to do without class methods, but from an OOP viewpoint it
just looks and feels wrong ;-) (imho)