[fpc-pascal] [OT] which editor - emacs?

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 03:08:56 CET 2010

Hans-Peter Suter wrote:

> PS: thanks also to the other suggestions! And if somebody uses Emacs I
> am still interested to hear about how it goes. Thanks again!

I use Emacs most of the time to edit my Pascal (and all other :) ) code.
But it has it's learning curve. And, although there are various
code-completion and code-browser features, not much Pascal-specific
support is available (e.g. no Pascal on
http://cedet.sourceforge.net/languagesupport.shtml). So you end up using
generic code completion (e.g. by dabbrev, or
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoComplete), which is very dumb
compared to how Lazarus completes.

So if you want code features that need integration with Pascal code
(code browser, code completion etc.), go with what everyone says: Lazarus :)

Michalis