[fpc-pascal] [OT] which editor - emacs?

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Tue Jan 12 19:55:36 CET 2010

It took me a couple years to take that plunge (of course a couple years
ago Lazarus was not as robust as it is today) but I will never go back!

Lazarus does have the distinct disadvantage that it's cumbersome to work
on multiple projects at once. Especially, e.g., if I want to test some
feature or idea in a new little project, I tend to just do that in a
separate editor rather than opening another group of lazarus windows or
closing the big project I'm working on.

Some of the most valuable hotkeys for me are ctrl-click on an identifier
to jump to declaration; and the same can be done with ctrl-shift-up. To
go down to implementation, ctrl-shift-down (codetools commands - find
procedure method). I've also customized other hotkeys, e.g. moving from
tab to tab, which make the source editor feel more like other editors.
The customizability coupled with the great codetools features are
unmatched.

~D.