[fpc-pascal] inline asm in fpc progran

Nataraj S Narayan natarajsn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:20:10 CEST 2010

Hi

I don't NEED  a help, paid or unpaid. As for the regular arm software
development I am already using stable and good tools like C++, Ruby, Python.
Fpc/Lazarus is more of a hobby or a kind  nostalgia about the good old
Delphi. Of course, if it works well, quite good.   As for volunteering, I
too am putting my 2 cents  in trying out the compiler and tools and
reporting whatever I find. So its  mutual help, if you call it.  Again , it
is simple as "Take or leave it" mutually.

I am an application developer, I don't do compilers or OS. If there is a
problem that a simple C program  calling a factorial  code written in  Arm
assembly works well, and the equivalent fpc program calling the same routine
works only in a kind of kernels which support OABI, there is definitely a
problem with the compiler, and hence no need to try any hanky pranky on the
assembler code. I would rather come straight to the issue of fpc working
only in kernels being compiled for OABI.

 That's what I did - trying to save valuable time for both of us.

This issue has been raised by me before with Mr.Jonas , hope he remembers,
in this thread:-
http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org/msg16637.html

regards

Nataraj

"Someday they gonna tell ya there was this clone of FreePascal,
And it was called Delphi.... Till then, we shan't be cocky and vain"