[fpc-pascal] Windows Seven and SVN source install

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:36:58 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> You have to build/install an exported copy under Windows due to a bug in
> cp.exe there. First perform
>
> C:\Developer\FPC> svn export . c:\Developer\FPCExport
>
> Then build/install from c:\Developer\FPCExport

Well, if this is a bug I guess it would work itself out later.

> make is not an FPC utility, it is not built when building FPC. It's an
> external program that's used with FPC. That's why you have to copy those
> over if you want to start from scratch.

Ok, under linux make must be readily available w/o FPC.  Ummm.  This
really complicates things for ppl who don't know what they are doing
under Windows.  Linux is FAR EASIER to manage FPC/Lazarus via
SVN/trunk.

I suppose a command line utilty could be made to list PREFIX FPC
folder for missing files that are not present AFTER make install and
that would cover the merging automatcially.