[fpc-pascal] FPC Bombs

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon May 12 10:33:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 06:13, John Youngquist wrote:
> Jonas Maebe wrote:

 .
 .
>> If it is the Free Pascal IDE (fp.exe), you may want to try deleting
>> all occurrences of "fp.dsk" and "fp.ini" you can find on your hard
>> drive. Those store the IDE's settings. If such a file becomes
>> corrupted for whatever reason, that might cause the IDE to crash.
>>
> It was the IDE opening my source that flashed and died. Although it
> didn't even show a glimpse of the source before dying.
> It's good to know what thoses files are for. I never ran across any
> documentation on them. I will certainly give that a try
> next time.

BTW, if you want to help improving FPC and having the problem solved in
future versions, you might want to archive the files somewhere rather than
deleting the files completely (e.g. zip them or so), try finding out which
one of them is the problematic one and post a bug report with the broken
file attached in our bug repository (http://bugs.freepascal.org), so that
at least the crash can be fixed eventually (avoiding the crash _and_
generation of the broken file would be even better, of course ;-) ).

Tomas