[fpc-pascal] Re: Embarcadero/CodeGear officialy interested in Firebird and on native versions of Delphi for other operating systems ...

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 08:01:23 CET 2008

> So, supporting open source should be the safest choice for
> them. If M$ grows bigger, they can grow bigger with M$. If M$ goes down,
> they can still grow bigger with other platforms (linux, mac, etc).

Many years ago (when Borland was still a real competitor of M$) Borland
had problems to create good compilers because they didn't have all the
information about the M$ OS (while compilers from M$ had of course). I
remember that some articles stated that Borland made a deal with M$ so
that they will get information but on the other hand may not support
other OSes (and open source). I am not sure whether that's true but it
would explain the behaviour of all Delphi owners.

Jürgen Hestermann.