[fpc-pascal] Help getting started with FPC

Chris Kirkpatrick chris.kirkpatrick at doctors.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 20:14:05 CET 2007

I suggest you look at the FPC/Lazarus Wiki
http://wiki.freepascal.org/
for ideas to get you started.

It may be easier to start programmng using either the FPC IDE which
comes with the FPC package, or the Lazarus IDE which can be used either
to produce Windowed GUI applications or simple Pascal console-mode programs.

The FPC manuals at
http://www.freepascal.org/docs.html
contain a lot of information to get you going

You will find the FreePascal/Lazarus community very supportive, eg in
this mailing list. I have very rarely seen the comment 'RTFM', though
people very often offer links to suitable places to get information.

Hope this helps
Regards - Chris