[fpc-pascal] UTF-8 versions of Copy() and Length()

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 19 19:11:48 CEST 2007

On 5/19/07, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I started writing my own library is because I wanted pure
> Pascal libraries to use things. I dislike bindings to other libraries
> written in different languages (such as QT). "I have a dream" to see
> native tools for all common needs written in pure (Object) Pascal.

I like that dream... Hence the reason I work on the fpGUI Widget Set.
A GUI Framework implemented in Object Pascal, no huge 3rd Party
library requirements and easy portable to other systems. Currently
runs on Linux (Xlib) and Windows (GDI) and the graphics backend tested
on Windows Mobile.
See http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/

> Secondly, I'm non Latin native speaker, so I find the need for Unicode
> on all of it's glory (and bad things) a must rather then something
> that can only be "good" additional support.

I don't require Unicode support in fpGUI but others do, like Felipe. I
also don't want one platform having features another doesn't. Hence
the reason I started with Unicode support while running under X11
(Felipe already did it for GDI).

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.