[fpc-pascal] UTF-8 versions of Copy() and Length()

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:49:26 CEST 2007

On 5/19/07, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Only simple helper functions are in LCLProc.
> A lower/uppercase Unicode function is not simple and when eventually
> the LCL needs it, it would simply delegate the implementation to
> the LCL interfaces, which can simply call the appropriate library
> functions.

Which is why you must love Open Source software. :-)
Another Object Pascal based GUI Framework has already done all the
work for us and they used a BSD license so we are free to use what we
need.

Have a look at the LPTK project on Source Forge. Two units called
schar16.pas and unitkeys.pas

It contains a lot of functions: Upper, Lower, Pos, Length, conversions
from UTF-8 to UTF-16 and vice versa, character translations for
Latin1-Latin4, Arabic, Kana, Hungarian, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Thai, etc...
 Lots we can use!

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.