[fpc-pascal] Different Object Code formats

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:48:35 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> COFF is something like TIFF or AVI. Usually linkers and assembler don't make use
> of everythin one format supports. Best bet is to dump some object files of
> CodeWarrior and try to adapt the FPC coff backend so it is also able to create
> CodeWarrior compatible coffs.

Ummm, didn´t even know fpc had a internal assembler =)

What is the default for win32? The internal assembler or Gnu As? But
even then I´m not sure which will be used because I use Tsymbian, and
it seams to ask for a i386-symbian-as.exe (which I generated renaming
the as.exe for windows =) )

Also, typing fpc on the command line to see the options there is only
-Aelf and Acoff options about internal assembler marked for Linux and
Go32V2. Is there a option to force internal assembler on win32?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho